Change Makers: Maria Raquel Thomas is a 14-year-old who started a cosmetics business to solve everyday problems
WONKedition's interview series Change Makers spotlights Gen Z stars that are taking action to change the world.
Who are you?
My name is Maria Raquel Thomas. I am 14 years old and I live in the DC Metro Area (USA).
What’s Maria Raquel Thomas Cosmetics?
Maria Raquel Thomas Cosmetics sells makeup designed to enhance your natural beauty.
Why did you start Maria Raquel Thomas Cosmetics?
I was tired of having brittle lips. So I started a journey to get them fixed. After I have solved that problem I wanted to help other girls around the world with that same problem and I started this business.
Where do you see yourself and Maria Raquel Thomas Cosmetics one year from now?
Making more smiles on customers faces because they have their problems fixed.
Other Change Makers:
- Kriti Sarav’s WhyFI Matter$ gives teens money skills
- Grace Maddrell takes action for young LGBTQ+ people and solo strikers
- Sameer Yasin started Green Kingdom to help people hurt by climate change
- Laura Muwanguzi gives hope to Uganda's children with sickle cell anemia
- Jacob Cramer’s Love for the Elderly embraces seniors across the world
- Oseriemen Atamewan is challenging all South Africans to plant trees
Share this article
Tweet to @wonkedition