Change Makers: Jacob is blogging to get teens to achieve financial freedom
WONKedition's interview series Change Makers spotlights the Gen Z stars taking action to change the world.
Who are you?
My name is Jacob and I am a 17-year-old located in Colorado. I am a freelancer and an entrepreneur. I work for people online as a virtual assistant, website designer, writer, and more. I also have several businesses that I run as side hustles, including Teen Financial Freedom.
What’s Teen Financial Freedom?
Teen Financial Freedom is a personal finance blog for teenagers. Our goal is to help as many teens as possible achieve financial freedom now and for the rest of their lives. What's cool about us is that all of our blog posts are written by teenagers as well. Some topics we cover include are saving, investing, business, college saving, and success.
Why did you start Teen Financial Freedom?
I always heard about people making tons of money blogging. I really wanted to give it a try, and so I created this blog about something I was passionate about: business and finance. Come to find out, it's incredibly difficult to have success blogging. Nonetheless, we've kept at it, and our hard work is starting to pay off. Now, we've realized that this is about so much more than making money, it's about changing teens' perspective on money.
Where do you see yourself and Teen Financial Freedom one year from now?
I am a high school senior this year, so by this time next year I'll be heading off to college. However, I have no intention of stopping Teen Financial Freedom. Our success has just begun and our team is continuing to grow, so we're not stopping any time soon.
Check out the website and find out more about Teen Financial Freedom.
Other Change Makers:
- Kriti Sarav’s WhyFI Matter$ gives teens money skills
- Grace Maddrell takes action for young LGBTQ+ people and solo strikers
- Sameer Yasin started Green Kingdom to help people hurt by climate change
- Laura Muwanguzi gives hope to Uganda's children with sickle cell anemia
- Jacob Cramer’s Love for the Elderly embraces seniors across the world
- Oseriemen Atamewan is challenging all South Africans to plant trees
- Maria Raquel Thomas started a cosmetics business to solve everyday problems
- Ananya Kamboj is a teenage changing the world through sports
- Zaqiya Cajee lets teens swap clothes, for both the looks and the environment
- Rainier Harris is a teenage journalist sharing advice on how students can thrive in media
- Jahkil Jackson is a teen supporting the homeless in Chicago
- Aditi Banerjee is a teenage YouTube creator pushing for climate action
Share this article
Tweet to @wonkedition